Richlands Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Serving Richlands, Bluefield, & All of Eastern North Carolina
Drunk driving accidents can result in serious injuries and death. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, you should not have to worry about how you will pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Our team at T Shea Cook PC is here to help.
Drunk Driving Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), almost one-third of all traffic-related deaths in the United States are caused by drunk drivers. in 2021, over 13,000 people lost their lives to drunk driving crashes (1).
Common Injuries in Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Victims can suffer serious injuries that can leave them with lifelong disabilities. In some cases, drunk driving accidents can even result in wrongful death.
Some of the most common injuries in drunk driving accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are a frequent result of drunk driving accidents. The force of the impact can cause fractures in any part of the body, but common areas include the legs, arms, ribs, and collarbone. These injuries can range from minor fractures that heal with rest and immobilization to severe compound fractures that require surgery and lengthy rehabilitation.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): TBIs are caused by a sudden blow or jolt to the head, which can easily occur in a car accident. Symptoms can range from mild (a brief change in mental status or consciousness) to severe (extended periods of unconsciousness or memory loss). TBIs can lead to long-term cognitive issues, difficulties with coordination and motor functions, and emotional problems.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These are particularly serious as they can lead to partial or complete paralysis. Damage to the spinal cord can disrupt communication between the brain and the body, affecting a person's ability to move or feel sensations.
- Internal Organ Damage: The force of a car accident can cause internal bleeding or damage to organs such as the lungs, liver, kidneys, or spleen. These injuries are particularly dangerous because they can be difficult to detect immediately after the accident.
- Severe Burns: If a drunk driving accident leads to a fire or explosion, occupants of the vehicle can suffer severe burns. These can lead to significant pain, scarring, and disfigurement, and often require extensive medical treatment.
- Road Rash: This injury is common in accidents involving pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcyclists who are thrown from their vehicles upon impact. Road rash refers to skin abrasions caused by sliding across the pavement, and it can lead to severe skin damage, infections, and scarring.
All these injuries can require extensive medical care, cause great pain and suffering, and significantly affect a person's quality of life. Victims of drunk driving accidents may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and should consult with a personal injury attorney to understand their rights.
Why Choose Us?
Our team at T Shea Cook PC is ready to provide you with the help you need to recover compensation for your injuries. We know that the aftermath of a drunk driving accident can be overwhelming. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Our services include:
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Negotiating settlements
- Representing you in court
- Helping you obtain financial security
We are ready to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We understand the pain and suffering you are going through and want to do everything we can to help you move forward.
At T Shea Cook PC, we are ready to help you with your case. Contact us today.